Thursday, May 11, 2017

Class 15 5/10/2017

Hey Class,

Today I took my blocked lip synch animation, and splined it. 

Steps I took:
-Splined all my keys.  I usually start with Auto Tangents on everything.
-Because of splining, you might need to go in and add keys to create holds or moving holds.
-I start refining in this order usually.  First body, head, hands, and then face.  Don't be afraid to come back to something if you think you can make it better.  A great example last night was while I was animating the mouth, I noticed I wanted to go back and change the head.
-Even though mouth is important, your performance will rely on what you do with the eyes and the eye brows.  The eyes tell us the character is alive.
-Don't be afraid to begin offsetting you keyframes from each other.  Have the hands move before or after the body.  Have the head lead the body movement.  You can even offset.

This is the final push for your animations!  Due next Wednesday.  You can send me quicktimes like you have been doing this whole time.  Spline them and make them awesome!  Google splining animation on youtube if you want to see how other people go through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment