Thursday, February 9, 2017

Class 3 2/9/2017

Hello,

Last class we went over your first pass at the ball bouncing animations.

I then clarified how I think you should set up your playblasts for homework.  Make sure in your render settings you have your resolution setup to HD1080.  In your playblast settings, you can have your Display size be set to "From Render Settings".  Set the Scale to .75.  I know in class I showed you .5, but .75 will make it bigger.  Also don't forget to turn off your resolution gate.

Maya Display
I talked about display setting and how you use the number keys to toggle between them.

1 - Low/Hard Poly
2 - Smooth with proxy
3 - Smooth display
4 - Wireframe
5 - Solid shaded
6 - Textures on
7 - Lights

Maya Projects
   Setting the project

   Creating folder structure
      save rigs in assests folder
      save animation files in scenes folder
      your playblast will appear in movies if you save them


Norman Rig
Then I introduced you to the character rig called Norman.  I explained all his body part controls.  Here is the link to the site, and information about the controls.

Rig Website
Norman Manual

I also described the difference between FK and IK.

I lightly touched on how you can modify his shaders to change his appearance.  This is not required for the class, but I wanted to show you in case you would like to customize.  Essentially, you would alter his shader or reassign a new shader to his various body parts.  The rigger made sure you can't select the geo in the viewport, but you can find the geo in the outliner.  take this opportunity to become familiar with how the rig is organized, and how to navigate the outliner.

Creating a RenderCam
I talked about creating another perspective camera, and renaming it "RenderCam".  This is the camera you will be playblasting from.

You can change focal length to alter perspective, but I suggested leaving it at 35.


Work I showed in class:
David Oreilly

The External World from David OReilly on Vimeo.

David Oreilly Character Rigs



Homework

-Please fix your ball bounce animations based on the critiques in class

-Take 10 of your drawing poses and pose the Norman Rig with those poses.  You can key each pose for 10 frames and playblast it as a quicktime.  You may use IK or FK for the arms.  Which ever you are most comfortable with.  It is not important which you use since we are not animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment