Thursday, March 30, 2017

Class 10 03/29/2017

Last class we went over your animation ideas, and I begin to show you how I would begin to do layout and previz with your animation ideas.


Final Project Discussion
Brenden
You are picking "Long Live the King".  Try to keep it around 11-12 seconds long.  Even though you boarded out a POV angel, I would like you to try something more simple.  I can see this happening with 2-3 camera angles.  Please draw out those frames and the key moments of the animation and action.  Plug the drawings into After Effect with the audio and time everything out.  For next class bring in a quicktime of your animatic.

Lana
You want to make a girl defend herself from flying objects.  I think it's great that you laid out the poses, but next you need to think about how you will frame this in a scene.  Since this animation will be very involved, I think it's best to use one stationary camera.  However if you have idea for how you would like the camera to move, even it's a little bit, I am interested in seeing it.  But make sure you really give alot of love to your animation first.  Please draw out your frames and the key moments of the animation and action.  Plug the drawings into After Effect with any audio you might and time everything out.  If you want to use the audio from the animation, I am fine with that.  For next class bring in a quicktime of your animatic.

Heejung
You are having some dude smash his plate into the ground.  You have drawn your animatic already, so go ahead and setup your maya file with rough poses and timing.  Bring in a quicktime for next class.

Joe
I really love your ideas, but we need to shape them into something a bit more simple.  I think you wanted to go with having a character drink when they don't want to.  Please draw out the range of emotions your character might go through in this situation.  Feel free to share them with me before next week if you want feedback.  If you get it in a good place early enough you can time it out in After Effects.

Vinay
You decided to have two characters interact on a train, one attacking the other with his luggage.  I think for this sort of animation, you might do well with one stationary camera.  Please sketch out your scene's composotion and where the characters will be.  Please draw out the key moments of the animation and action.  Plug the drawings into After Effect with whatever audio you would like to use (if any) and time everything out.  For next class bring in a quicktime of your animatic.



Animatics
Even though it was not timed out yet, Heejung's animatic is great example to follow.  She drew just enough detail for us to understand what is happening with the characters.  Here are some other great animatics to watch:


This artist has a channel full of animatics showing her interpretation of the Musical Hamilton.  These are really cute.



Another version of Helpless from Hamilton done by a different artist.  I think this one is quite good.


Maya Layout and Previz
I opened up maya and showed you guys how I would get started with setting up my layout/previz file.
1) Open up maya and reference character and camera rigs.
2) Import audio wav file.
3) If needed model a simple environment and props.
4) Set up poses and camera compostions for each shot and action in your scenes.  Use your audio or animatic as timing reference.

Feel free to key your camera and set up multiple scenes in one maya file.  Since many of you are not at this step yet, I will go over this information again.

Maya files
I will be emailing you maya rigs to try out.  Feel free to play with them and try them out.  See if you would like them for your final.  Bring in any questions you might have.  I will try to cover some of them next class.

I also have the camera rig ready for you.  I will explain it during next class, but feel free to play with it.

I will also send you the maya file of my layout along with the audio if you want to explore it and see how I moved the characters and camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment